Jump to Navigation

Champaign Minor in Possession Defense Lawyer

Illinois created the minor in possession (MIP) charge with the idea of creating a more educational and less punitive way of dealing with the problem of underage drinking.

If you are under 21 and in possession of alcohol, you can be charged with minor in possession, a Class A misdemeanor. You will probably have your right to drive revoked for one year. If this is not your first MIP offense, the penalties become stiffer. If you are a repeat offender, the need to hire a skilled MIP lawyer is even greater.

Bloomington Underage Drinking Defense Attorney

My firm works with families to defend young people against MIP charges. We investigate the incident carefully, looking for evidence that may be helpful to your case. We analyze whether a law was actually broken, whether the police had probable cause to search you, and whether they advised you of your rights.

MIP • Assertive Minor in Possession Defense

You don't have to be legally drunk to be found guilty of MIP. All you need to do is be under 21, have alcohol in your possession, try to purchase it or drink it.

Look to Harvey C. Welch to Fight for Your Child

When your child is arrested on suspicion of drinking or drugging, that's a wake-up call to caring parents. You need a lawyer who knows the law as it relates to minors, but also cares about your child. At Harvey C. Welch, I try to be that kind of lawyer, one who fights for your family and the future you deserve.

Has your child been charged with a drug crime? Contact a Champaign minor in possession defense attorney with years of experience: Harvey C. Welch at 217-903-2452 or toll free at 888-371-0807.

Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy